Default global address list exchange 2016 not updating
Exchange 2013 has gone through an evolution in the way the Offline Address Book is generated and maintained.While most of the changes are advantageous, I ran into a chink in the armor while working with a customer who was having an issue with Exchange 2013 DAG replication.The file location is correct and shows where the current OAB files are.
Once renamed, we tried to update the address book and restart the Mailbox Assistant service. The Fix After some more troubleshooting in the event logs and diagnostic logging, I noticed that the database copy for Database02, where to OAB mailbox resided, had one copy that was in a ‘Failed and Suspended’ state.
Exchange 2016 OAB After running into this issue, I fired up my Exchange 2016 RTM lab and I was able to reproduce the issue with a good copy and a failed and suspended copy of the database where the OAB generating mailbox is located.
So this is not limited to Exchange 2013, but the architecture upon which it is based.
Because the files were not changed recently the error message was downloaded and the client could not download the files.
To summarize – we have an OAB that is not updating and clients that cannot update their local copies because the copies are too old.